Sometimes I wonder whether Keats would've had an Instagram. Maybe they all would've, and with awful wordplay handles too: Rilkereads, Rumi-nates, Frost-in-woods, Dickinsonnets (though that one's a bit unfortunate, Emily).
Or maybe they wouldn't have bothered at all, too busy inspecting the newly sprouting wildflowers, or interrogating their household objects, or examining their giant grief. But then again, maybe they would've. Maybe they would've spent hours browsing videos of clumsy baby elephants and puppies wiggling their booties to Cardi B. And they'd soothe their unsayable insides with the giant heart of quick delights: children dancing, old folks singing, our whole world turning. All of us, trying.
All that to metaphorically say, I'm an LA-based poet growing gardens inside our digital neighborhood. Functional gardens, beautiful gardens, necessary gardens. The Internet & apps are places we properly inhabit. Let us make it all lovely.
****A brief history:
- 2020-2022: Senior Experience Designer at Radical Design Co.
- 2019-2020: Senior UX & Data Designer at Axis Group
- 2017-2019: UX & Data Designer at Axis Group
- 2016-2017: UX Student at General Assembly
- 2015-2016: IT Consultant at Protiviti
- 2011-2014: Student at University of Georgia (B.B.A. in Management Information Systems & International Business, Minor in Chinese)
See Full Resume
A few favorite things:
- Small Arcs of Larger Circles by Nora Bateson
- Braiding Sweetgrass by Robin Wall Kimmerer
- Three Body Problem by Cixin Liu
- The Dispossessed by Ursula K. Le Guin
- Sister Outsider by Andre Lorde
- I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings by Maya Angelou
- The Best Interface is No Interface by Golden Krishna
- Dear Data by Giorgia Lupi and Stefanie Posavec
- Zelda: Breath of the Wild
- Meow Wolf
- My Dragon Cancer
- Monument Valley
- What Remains of Edith FinchPoets:
Mary Oliver, Ada Limón, Joy Harjo, Louise Glück, Jack Gilbert, Chen Chen, Rumi, Ocean Vuong, Tracy K. Smith, Victoria Chang, Jericho Brown, & so many more